It is the policy of the Camden County Sheriff’s Office Internal Affairs Bureau to accept and investigate all complaints of alleged officer misconduct or wrongdoing from any citizen or agency employee.
The Internal Affairs Unit can be reached at (856)225-5480
To file an internal affairs complaint with the Camden County Sheriff’s Office, e-mail Internal Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is not required that you provide your full name.
The 4 A’s of Internal Affairs
- ANYONE – Any individual must be permitted to file an Internal Affairs complaint. It can be a victim, a friend of the victim, a parent, a juvenile (with or without parents), an illegal alien (we are not permitted to ask about immigration status) or it can be anonymous. ANYONE means ANYONE.
- ANY WAY – An Internal Affairs complaint can be filed in ANY WAY. It could be filed by phone, by letter, written on a napkin, in person… Whatever is best for the person filing. We cannot make someone show up in person or swear the statement to initiate the complaint process.
- ANY TIME – A complaint must be taken regardless of the hour or day of the week. At no time should a complaint be told to return later, even if the IA officer is unavailable. ANY law enforcement officer or civilian employee must take a complaint.
- ANYTHING – As long as a complaint has sufficient factual information, the complaint must be investigated. It is predicated upon the victim’s view of the situation.
* * * LAW ENFORCEMENT MUST AVOID ANY LANGUAGE THAT IS DESIGNED TO DISSUADE SOMEBODY FROM FILING A COMPLAINT.