Camden County Remembrance and Hope Memorial
COVID-19, Mental Health & Substance Abuse Supports Available
The COVID-19 virus is expanding in our communities. Many are and will be affected by this virus.
In a time of uncertainty, particularly when we are challenged by fear, there are people ready and willing to reach out. Taking care of ourselves and each other is paramount.
For those residents who are having difficulty coping with the COVID-19 crisis, please call the Mental Health Association in New Jersey, Inc. at (877) 294- HELP (4357) between the hours of 8AM to 8PM for emotional support, guidance and mental health referrals as needed.
- New Jersey Peer Recovery: 8AM-8PM on 3/26/20 the hours are being extended to 10PM for individuals with substance abuse problems or those in recovery needing support: 1-833-422-2765
- Vets4Warriors: 24/7 National Program for veterans who have served in wars: 1-855-838-8255
- Vet 2 Vet: any NJ veteran 24/7 1-866-838-7654
- Mom2Mom: mothers with special needs children 8AM-8PM: 1-877-914-6662
- Care2Caregiver: with family members who are caring for family member with memory loss, Alzheimer’s, dementia or a related disorder 8AM-8PM: 1-800-424-2494
- Cop2Cop: 24/7 law enforcement officers: 1-866-267-2267
- Worker 2Worker: for DCP and P workers 8AM-8PM: 1-855-327-7482
- Aid NJEA: school staff members and their families Monday-Thursday 12PM-8PM; Fridays 12PM-6PM: 1-866-243-6532
- Others may call Camden County’s Office of Mental Health & Addiction at (856) 374-6361 for additional information.
- For 24/7 7-day-a-week information and referrals please call (877) 266-8222.
Office of Mental Health and Addiction
The Camden County Office of Mental Health and Addiction receives state and county funding to ensure the availability of treatment services, particularly for the indigent. qualified treatment providers to provide programs that address problems of drug and alcohol abuse. Addiction services include: withdrawal management, inpatient and outpatient services including methadone maintenance, halfway house programs, recovery supports, sober living and substance abuse education. The Office also operates the Municipal Alliance Program and subcontracts the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC).
Mental health services include
- wrap-around funds,
- emergency shelter placement
- payee services
- boarding home socialization.
The Office of Mental Health & Addiction also offers information and referral and convenes the Local Advisory Committee on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (LACADA), County Alliance Steering Committee (CASS), Professional Advisory Committee on Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Professional Advisory Committee (Mental Health), Mental Health Board, Disaster Response Crisis Counselors (DRCC) and Suicide Task Force. The Office is also responsible for producing the County Comprehensive Substance Abuse Plan and the annual Municipal Alliance Plan.
To learn more about eligibility requirements for these services or general mental health or substance abuse related information and referral residents may contact (856) 374-6361.
*Comprehensive Substance Abuse Plan (2020-2023) available on request
**Municipal Alliance Plan (2016-2019) available on request
***For a copy of the most recent list of sober living facilities, contact (856) 374-6361
For more information & drug treatment referrals, please contact us
John D. Pellicane, MBA, DRCC
Office of Mental Health & Addiction
- Department of Health & Human Services 512 Lakeland Road, 1st Floor Blackwood, NJ 08012