The Department of Children and Families (DCF) Office of Licensing (OOL) inspects every licensed child care center annually to enforce health, safety and educational program requirements. For inspection records or other information on a specific child care center, call the Office of Licensing at 1-877-667-9845 or visit their website.

Registered family day care homes are monitored by the Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs), which are community-based organizations contracted by the state in each county. The Department of Children’s Services is the sponsoring agency for Family Child Care in Camden County. To find out if your family day care home is registered, or to get a copy of a registration or inspection, contact us at 856-401-6430.

All New Jersey youth camps must register annually with the Department of Health and Senior Service’s (NJDOH) Public Health Sanitation and Safety Program. Inspections of youth camps are conducted by both the NJDOH and local departments of health. For more information visit their website. You may also contact us at 856-374-6027 for additional youth camp information in Camden County.


All reports of child abuse and neglect, including those occurring in institutional settings such as child care centers, schools, foster homes and residential treatment centers, must be reported to the State Central Registry (SCR). This is a toll-free, 24-hour, seven-days-a-week hotline.

Child Abuse Hotline (State Central Registry)
1-877 NJ ABUSE  –  (1-877-652-2873)
TTY 1-800-835-5510


You may also file or make a complaint about a child care center with the Office of Licensing by calling 1-877-667-9845. For Family Child Care complaints, contact 856-401-6430. All complaints may be made anonymously.


The Department of Children’s Services is available to help parents who have questions about the quality of child care services and to give technical assistance to child care programs to help them improve their services to families and children. Please feel free to contact us at or 856-374-6027 for assistance.

For information on Licensing requirements, please click here