Economic and Workforce Development
Camden County offers a wide-range of services for economic and workforce development. Click here for more information.
The Camden County Improvement Authority (CCIA) offers special financing programs to municipalities, schools, healthcare institutions, fire districts, and other non-profit organizations within Camden County. Our team of financing professionals can assist your organization in evaluating your financing needs and putting together the most cost effective package in order to make your project/s successful.
- Below market-rate financing utilizing tax-exempt and taxable long and short term financing options.
- Refinancing of existing debt
- Lease purchase financing
- Capital improvement financing
Building or renovating your facility can be a complex endeavor for any size business. The CCIA will assist you through every stage… from planning to final completion. The CCIA offers a complete range of construction management and owners representative services, including competitive pricing and:
- Review of municipal zoning, master plan, redevelopment and plan elements’ for compliance with county and state agencies
- Construction plan and specifications review ensuring compliance with your budget and schedule
- Representation at planning and zoning board hearing(s)
- Assistance in administering the public bidding process, including recommendations for preparing and awarding contracts
- Construction project meetings to monitor completed work and work in progress for adherence to plans, specifications, schedule and budget
- Negotiating with contractor, recommending changes where needed, and instructing contractor to rectify inconsistencies
- Verifying and recommending payment requests, record keeping and reporting of construction progress
- Overseeing project close out, securing all guarantees, warranties, instruction manuals, maintenance schedules and drawings as prepared by the contractor
The Improvement Authority has unique abilities prescribed by state statute to offer various services as they relate to the planning, finance development, community outreach and construction management of affordable housing projects. Specific services include, but are not limited to:
- Site Selection
- Grant Writing
- Acquisition Facilitation
- Budget and Cash Flow Creation
- Assistance related to the Formation of Development Partnerships
- Outreach at All Levels (Local/County/State/Federal)
- Procurement Assistance
- Construction Management
Alternative Energy Solutions
Energy Saving Improvement Program – The Authority will assist municipalities and school districts with creating Energy Savings Improvements Plans (ESIP) to take advantage of state and federal funding. The Authority will also manage the ESIP projects and help local entities start seeing the benefits of energy savings.
Home Improvement Program (HIP)
Owner-occupants of single family homes who meet the household size and income limits as published annually by the Department of Housing & Urban Development Section 8 Income Limits.
The HIP Program is funded with a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) loan provided by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The federal regulations for this loan require that the assistance offered under this program benefit “low and moderate income households”. This means that the income of ALL household members is considered in determining eligibility.