The Camden County Clerk’s Office is proud to be a full service U.S. Passport Acceptance Agency. We can help you with all of your passport needs, including first-time applications, renewals, amendments and photos.
Effective immediately, anyone that applies for a U.S. Passport and has never had a previous U.S. Passport or unable to provide a previously issued U.S. Passport due to loss or theft, must present a LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE (listing one or both parent’s names).
Applicants under the age of 16 (Minors) must have both parents present with their proof of identity (driver’s license, passport, alien registration card etc.) and their Long Form Birth Certificate. If the child was issued a previous passport, that should also be presented. If one of the parents listed is unable to be present, a Statement of Consent Form DS-3053 must be completed and notarized by the absent parent and submitted along with the copies of the parents ID (both front and back side) as stated on the form.
Allow four to six weeks for the normal processing of passports. If the passport is required sooner, an expediting fee of $60.00 will be charged. Other fees may be charged depending on your time requirements. If you are traveling within 14 days or if you need to apply for a visa shortly before you travel, you will have to contact the National Passport Information Line @ 1-877-487-2778 and set up an appointment with the nearest Federal Passport Agency. In this area that is located in Philadelphia. An appointment is required before heading to the Philadelphia facility.
How to Apply
- All applicants must appear in person and present Long Form Birth Certificates and valid Identification (i.e. Driver’s License).
- Applicants ages 16 and 17 must apply with the Long Form Birth Certificate and at least one parent listed on that Birth Certificate with valid Identification.
- Applicants under the age of 16 must apply with the Long Form Birth Certificate and all parents listed on the Birth Certificate must be present with valid Identification.
- For information on processing time and travel alerts around the world, visit the U.S. Department of State web site.
Where to Apply
The Clerk’s Office can process your passport application at either our main office in Camden County Courthouse in Camden City or at the County Store in the Voorhees Town Center (formerly The Echelon Mall), which offers extended daily and Saturday hours.
Both locations accepts cash, checks, Visa or MasterCard for the processing portion of the Passport transaction, however the US Department of State portion must be paid by check or money order only.
|Camden County Clerk’s Office
Camden County Courthouse
520 Market Street, Room 102
Camden, NJ 08102
|Monday: 8:30am – 3pm
Tuesday: 8:30am – 3pm
Wednesday: 8:30am – 3pm
Thursday: 8:30am – 3pm
Friday: 8:30am – 3pm
|The County Store
Voorhees Town Center (2nd Second Floor, next to Boscov’s)
Voorhees, NJ 08043
|Monday 10:00am – 8:00pm
Tuesday 10:00am – 8:00pm
Wednesday 10:00am – 8:00pm
Thursday 10:00am – 8:00pm
Friday 10:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 5:00pm
In the spring of 2008 the U.S. Department of State began issuing a U.S. Passport Card in addition to the traditional Passport Book. The wallet-size Passport Card is convenient and less expensive than the Passport Book; however it cannot be used for international air travel. This new travel document can only be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossings or at seaports of entry only.
A current or previous holder of a 10 year adult passport book, who is eligible to use a Form DS-82, may apply for a Passport Card as a renewal by mail or at one of our two service locations. First time applicants for a U.S. Passport, and those not eligible to use the Form DS-82, must apply for a Passport Card in person using the Form DS-11.
Applications and Forms
- Passport Application (DS-11)
- Passport Renewal Application (DS-82)
- Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16
Passport Book Application Fees:
- Adult- Age 16 & over – $110.00 plus $35.00 processing fee = $145.00
- Minor– Under age 16 – $80.00 plus $35.00 processing fee = $115.00
Passport Card Application Fees:
- Adult– Age 16 & over – $30.00 plus $35.00 processing fee = $65.00
- Minor– Under age 16 – $15.00 plus $35.00 processing fee = $50.00
Other Service Fees:
- Photograph – $10.00
- Expedite Fee – $60.00
- File Search Fee – $150.00