- - - - - Click Here to Report a Mosquito Issue in your Town - - - - -
- - - - - Click Here for Helpful Mosquito Prevention Tips - - - - -
- June 19, 2014 (Barrington, Oaklyn, Haddon Township, Pennsauken, Camden)
- June 23, 2014 - (Haddon Heights, Gloucester City, Clementon, Pine Hill)
- June 24, 2014 - (Blackwood, Berlin Township, Atco)
- June 25, 2014 (Cherry Hill)
- June 26, 2014 (Somerdale, Lawnside, Pennsauken, Winslow, Voorhees, Lindenwold)
- June 30, 2014 (Mt. Ephraim, Gloucester City, Collingswood, Camden, Merchantville, Waterford Township, Berlin Borough, Berlin Township)
- July 1, 2014 (Barrington, Haddonfield, Collingswood, Oaklyn, Clementon, Pine Hill)
- July 2, 2014 (Cherry Hill, Winslow Township, Lindenwold, Voorhees)
- July 3, 2014 (Cherry Hill)
- July 8, 2014 (Bellmawr, Barrington, Runnemede, Magnolia, Lawnside, Haddon Heights, Haddonfield, Audubon, Oaklyn, Haddon Township)
- July 9, 2014 (Cherry Hill)
- July 16, 2014 (Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Winslow Township, Gibbsboro)
- July 17, 2014 (Cherry Hill, Audubon Park, Gloucester City, camden, Pennsauken, Pine Hill, Lindenwold)
- July 22, 2014 (Gloucester Township, Glendora, Bellmawr, Audubon, Mt. Ephraim, Haddonfield, Haddon Township)
- July 23, 2014 (Haddon Heights, Barrington, Haddonfield, Pennsauken, Merchantville, Cherry Hill)
- July 28, 2014 (Berlin Borough, Waterford Township)
- July 29, 2014 (Voorhees Township, Gloucester Township)
- Helpful Tips
- Surveillance and Inspection
- Natural Control
- Water Management
- Chemical Control
- Public Education
- West Nile Virus
- Report a Mosquito Issue in your Town
Mosquitoes are well known throughout the area as a nuisance. Uncontrolled mosquito populations can still ruin outdoor activities and interfere with many elements of business. A less common but even more serious problem with the blood sucking of mosquitoes is the spread of diseases. Various types of life-threatening encephalitis occur throughout South Jersey in humans and domestic animals. Dog heartworm is widespread in dogs and occasionally in cats. Malaria has struck in Camden County in recent years but is very rare. Some of the most serious communicable diseases are spread by a mosquito bite and are still common in many other parts of the world. These are all reasons that the mosquito is a pest of whose control is mandated by New Jersey State Law.
Since the mosquito does not respect property lines, municipal borders or land features, this commission serves all parts of Camden County and is coordinated with neighboring counties through a state network.
There are 63 species of mosquitoes in New Jersey. Techniques have been scientifically developed to target the trouble makers.
For other mosquito history, biology and agencies visit the Homepage of the Department of Entomology at Rutgers University.
The Camden County Mosquito Extermination Commission is a health related agency authorized by New Jersey State Statues to eliminate and control mosquitoes which cause great suffering, economic loss and disease transmission. This work is funded by the Camden County Board of Freeholders. These tasks are undertaken by employing various methods, such as chemical control, biological means, water management, education and training by a small but highly specialized professional staff.
Phone: (856) 566-2945
FAX: (856) 566-2989
Camden County Mosquito Commission
Charles J. DePalma Complex
2311 Egg Harbor Road
Lindenwold, NJ 08021