Office of Veterans Affairs
The Office of Veterans Affairs serves all veterans and their family members within Camden County. This office is available Monday through Friday to give assistance to all our veterans and dependents. If you have any questions regarding our services, please call 1-800-464-VETS (8387)
Services Provided by the Camden County Veterans Affairs Office:
- VA eligibility qualification for all VA programs for veterans and family members.
- Five VA Education Programs: Chapter 30, Chapter 32, Chapter 34(Voc. Rehab), Chapter 35 (Widows and Orphans), and Chapter 106 (Reservists).
- VA Home Loan Guarantee, certificates and booklets.
- Disability compensation for service disabled veterans.
- VA Pensions for low-income, non-service disabled war veterans and their widows.
- Medical Benefits: In-patient, out-patient and nursing home care.
- Burial Benefits: Plot and burial allowance, headstone, grave markers and veteran's cemeteries information.
- GI insurance: Term and whole life insurance, beneficiary claims.
- Indemnity compensation to eligible survivors of veterans who died of service-contacted causes.
- Discharge re-placement & ordering service/medical records.
- Ordering medals/awards and formally presenting when possible.
- Assistance with drug and alcohol related problems.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) counseling.
- Agent Orange information and referral.
- Coordinate the Camden County Honor Guard for burial detail.
- Referral agent for social service agencies.
- Veterans nursing home applications and qualifications.
- Armed Forces recruiting information for all branches of service.
- File for discharge upgrades, when warranted.
- Veterans liaison to the USS Battleship New Jersey.
- Transportation to VAMC for special needs veterans.
- Coordinate a Veterans Speakers Bureau, for schools, churches, social, civic organizations where veterans share their military history.
- Prison outreach program.
- Reordering new military head stones and issuing of flags and markers for cemetery decorations on Memorial Day
Annual Public Ceremonies and Events
Sponsored by Camden County Veterans Affairs Office and Veterans Advisory Committee:
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Day
- Veterans Prayer Breakfast
- Veterans Day
- Memorial Day
- Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
Camden County Veterans Advisory Committee
A volunteer organization that represents sixty-five thousand Camden County veterans and their families. It is a committee composed of representatives from all veterans organizations in Camden County.The committee advises the Camden County Board of Freeholders and all other levels of government on issues pertaining to veterans and their well being, including legislation, activities, new benefits, etc.
Camden County Veterans Advisory Commitee Member Organizations:
American Legion, AMVETS, Army/Navy Union, Disabled American, Ex-POW Association, Korean War Veterans, Marine Corps League, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Jewish War Veterans, Fleet Reserve Association, South Jersey Vietnam Vets., POW/MIA Awareness Committee, Military Order of Purple Heart, American Merchant Marine, 82nd Airborne Association, Pointman Int. Ministries, Submarine Veterans and Rolling Thunder New Jersey Chapter 5.
World War II Veterans Video History Project
The Camden County Board of Freeholders has begun a new project to honor and document the experiences and memories of Camden County's World War II veterans. These video interviews insure that the stories of the Greatest Generation are preserved in perpetuity. Click here for more information.
Camden County Veterans Affairs
3 Collier Drive
Blackwood, NJ 08012
(856) 374-5801, Fax (856) 374-5302
Map & Driving Directions
P.O. Box 80
301 Spring Garden Rd
Winslow, NJ 08095-0080
Phone: 609 567-5806