The Office of Veterans Affairs serves all veterans and their family members within Camden County. This office is available Monday through Friday to give assistance to all our veterans and dependents. If you have any questions regarding our services, please call (856) 374-5801.
- Assistance in establishing VA eligibility qualification for all VA programs for veterans and family members.
- Assist in applying for VA Education Programs.
- VA Home Loan Guarantee, certificates and booklets.
- Disability compensation for service disabled veterans.
- VA Pensions for low-income, non-service disabled war veterans and their widows.
- Assist in applying for medical benefits.
- Burial Benefits: Plot and burial allowance, headstone, grave markers and veteran’s cemeteries information.
- Information Provided for GI insurance.
- Indemnity compensation to eligible survivors of veterans who died of service-contacted causes.
- Discharge re-placement & ordering service/medical records.
- Ordering medals/awards and formally presenting when possible.
- Agent Orange information and referral.
- Coordinate the Camden County Honor Guard for burial detail.
- Referral agent for social service agencies.
- File for discharge upgrades, when warranted.
- Veterans liaison to the USS Battleship New Jersey.
- Arrange transportation to VA Medical Center.
- Coordinate a Veterans Speakers Bureau, for schools, churches, social, civic organizations where veterans share their military history.
- Gold Star family support and referrals.
- Issuing of flags and markers for cemeteries for Memorial Day.
Ceremonies and Events
For more information about upcoming events, visit our event calendar here. Sponsored by Camden County Veterans Affairs Office and Veterans Advisory Committee:
- Veterans Prayer Breakfast
- Veterans Job Fair
- Memorial Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving for the Troops
- Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
Veterans Advisory Committee
A volunteer organization that represents thirty three thousand Camden County veterans and their families. It is a committee composed of representatives from all veteran service organizations in Camden County. The committee advises the Camden County Board of Freeholders and all other levels of government on issues pertaining to veterans and their well-being, including legislation, activities, new benefits, etc.
Camden County Veterans Advisory Committee Member Organizations:
American Legion, AMVETS, Army/Navy Union, Disabled American, Ex-POW Association, Korean War Veterans, Marine Corps League, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Jewish War Veterans, Fleet Reserve Association, South Jersey Vietnam Vets., POW/MIA Awareness Committee, Military Order of Purple Heart, American Merchant Marine, 82nd Airborne Association, Point Man International Ministries, Submarine Veterans, Military Support Group of New Jersey and Rolling Thunder New Jersey Chapter 5.
Veterans War History Project
The Camden County Board of Freeholders has begun a project to honor and document the experiences and memories of Camden County’s veterans. These video interviews insure that the stories of residents who have served in the military are preserved in perpetuity. Click here for more information.
If you have any questions regarding our services, please call (856) 374-5801 or 1-800-464-VETS (8387).