Utility Work to Close Springdale Road in Cherry Hill Township

Share this:

(Lindenwold, NJ) – Beginning on Monday, Feb. 19, New Jersey American Water will be performing a major water line repair on Springdale Road in Cherry Hill. The work activity will be located between Route 70 and Kresson Road and is expected to take one to two weeks to complete.


This emergency work will require a 24/7 road closure of both lanes going Northbound, towards Route 70, at the site of the work and no traffic will be able to travel on Springdale Road beyond Justa Lane. There will be local access only between Kresson Road and Justa Lane to provide access to the businesses and residential properties in this immediate area. There will also be one single lane of traffic southbound on Springdale Road, heading toward Kresson Road, during this construction work.


“Springdale Road is a major county thoroughfare, with thousands of travelers utilizing it every single day, so this closure will cause some disturbances to the normal flow of traffic in the area,” said Commissioner Al Dyer, liaison to the Department of Public Works. “ crews are working hard to ensure that the work is done in a timely manner but for the duration of the work, we encourage travelers to find alternate routes and to give themselves plenty of time to get where they are going to account for delays.”

The Camden County Department of Public Works is responsible for maintaining over 1,200 miles of county roadway and 50 bridges.  They are dedicated to making our area safer for motorists and pedestrians through county highway construction projects and road maintenance, including pothole repairs, street sweeping, grass cutting and storm drainage upkeep. The Public Works Department is located in Lindenwold where personnel are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to serve the residents of Camden County.

To get more detailed information on this project call the 24-hour New Jersey American Water customer service center is (800) 272-1325 To report concerns on Camden County roadways, call (856) 566-2980 or visit www.camdencounty.com.