All individuals from ages 55-64 will be eligible for the vaccine, along with all individuals age 16 and older with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Further groups eligible on April 5 are broken down by profession:
- College educators and support staff.
- Bank tellers, accountants, check-cashing workers and others who work in retail financial institutions
- Construction workers, plumbers, electricians, HVAC technicians, property management workers, real estate agents and maintenance workers.
- Sanitation workers, including municipal and private-sector workers and those who remove hazardous waste.
- Communications infrastructure workers including engineers, technicians and media members.
- Laundry service workers, including laundromat and dry cleaner employees.
- Librarians and library support staff.
- Utility workers including those who work in power plants and electrical, natural gas, phone service and cellular service supply.
“With this expansion of eligibility for the vaccine, we are expecting to soon see a very significant portion of our adult population vaccinated and protected from this virus. This really does represent turning a major corner and hopefully, in the near future, putting this pandemic behind us,” said Commissioner Director Louis Cappelli Jr.