The reorientation of the county’s testing strategy comes as the rate of new cases of COVID-19 remains below its peak in the fall and winter, and as the availability of testing from other providers has increased. Additionally, use of services at these sites has dropped in accordance with the rate of new cases in the community.
“We will continue to offer these critical services to our residents throughout the duration of this crisis, however, in order to best utilize personnel and resources, we must constantly be reevaluating the most effective way to run these facilities,” said Commissioner Director Louis Cappelli Jr. “With the utilization of testing sites declining, we will be scaling back operations and tailoring our response to the existing demand for services.”
Beginning next week, the county will cease testing operations at the Malandra Hall pop-up site in Camden City. Additionally, the testing site at Kipp Cooper Norcross Academy will begin operating on Fridays only, and will no longer offer testing services on Mondays. With demand down, these sites have combined for fewer than a dozen tests performed per week since opening on March 22.
The new schedule is as follows:
- Fridays- Kipp Cooper Norcross Academy will be open to the public from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The school is in the Lanning Square neighborhood and located at 525 Clinton St, Camden, 08103. No appointment necessary.
The Camden County Commissioners will continue to keep the testing site at the Department of Public Works Complex operating on Tuesdays.
- Tuesdays- Charles Deplama Public Works Complex will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This testing site is located at 2311 Egg Harbor Road, Lindenwold, 08021.
Beginning on May 5, the testing sites located at the Camden County College-Cherry Hill campus and the Camden County Improvement Authority Parking Garage in Camden City will also begin operating under the following adjusted hours:
Camden County College – Cherry Hill
- Open Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Appointments required
Camden County Improvement Authority
- Open Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Open Saturday – Sunday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Appointments required
The pop-up testing site in Camden City does not require an appointment. The mobile testing sites are open to county residents, by appointment, who meet other criteria (exposure, pending surgery/procedure, travel, school, work, or daycare requirements). For more information or to schedule an appointment go to: https://www.camdencounty.com/service/covid-19-updates-and-preparations/testing-site-locations/