(Lindenwold, NJ) – Freeholder Susan Shin Angulo, liaison to the Camden County Department of Public Works, has been informed by the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) that the railroad crossing on Waterford-Blue Anchor Road in Winslow Township will be closed beginning Monday, Aug. 14. The crossing, located between 6th Avenue and Winterberry Road, is expected to be closed until 7 p.m. the following evening.
Beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 14, NJDOT is scheduled to close the crossing and begin directing motorists along the following pre-planned detour routes:
Waterford-Blue Anchor Road Eastbound Detour:
- Motorists traveling east on Waterford/Blue Anchor Road will be directed to bear right onto East Central Avenue
- Make a left onto Route 143 northbound/Spring Garden Road
- Make a left onto Route 30/White Horse Pike westbound
- Make a left onto Waterford Road/Blue Anchor Road
Waterford-Blue Anchor Road Westbound Detour:
- Motorists traveling west on Waterford/Blue Anchor Road will be directed to Route 30/White Horse Pike eastbound
- Make a right onto Route 143 southbound /Spring Garden Road
- Make a right onto East Central Avenue
- Continue to Waterford Road/Blue Anchor Road
“This project will detour traffic coming from both directions, adding time to commutes and increasing congestion on the roads utilized by the detour routes,” Shin Angulo said. “Motorists should try to avoid the construction area, but pay extra attention to traffic patterns and sudden stops when traveling along Waterford-Blue Anchor Road.”
This is a federally-funded project and is included in NJDOT’s railroad grade-crossing safety program which repairs, upgrades, or removes approximately 30 crossings each year, statewide.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information.