The Executive County School Business Administrator provides school districts with assistance in the following areas:
- Review all school budgets of the school districts with the County, and pursuant to section 5 of P.L. 1996, c 138 (18A:7f-5) disapprove any portion of a school districts proposed budget if he/she determines that the district has not implemented all potential efficiencies in administrative operations of the district and if the budget appears to include excessive non-instructional expenses.
- Review district financial operations in accordance with NJQSAC regulations.
- Review facilities (school buildings) in accordance with NJQSAC regulations and New Jersey building and fire codes.
- Review the Application for School Aid (ASSA) for accuracy.
- Review, according to standards adopted by the commissioner, the employment contracts of the school business administrators in school districts within the county prior to their execution.
- Encourage and review shared services arrangements between districts and municipalities in an effort to reduce costs.
- Review all transportation efficiencies including the District Report of Transportation Resident Student (DRTRS). A meeting is held annually updating non-public and public schools on procedures regarding pupil transportation.
New Association of School Business Administrators (Link) – for legislation regarding school finance, transportation and building management http://www.njasbo.com
Association of School Business Officials, Int. (ASBOI) – provides information on what is going on at the national level in schools throughout the country www.asbointl.org/
User Friendly School District Budget reports – http://www.nj.gov/education/finance/fp/ufb/