In accordance with Governor Phil Murphy’s executive order, all county parks will reopen beginning on Saturday, May 2. At the same time, all state parks in New Jersey will reopen, including Wharton State Forest which stretches into the southeastern part of the county.
Pursuant to the governor’s order, playgrounds, pavilions, visitor centers, and restrooms and dog parks will remain closed. Picnics, organized activities, and team sports will remain prohibited. Parking will be limited to 50 percent capacity in order to ensure social distancing can be maintained. The county will be following these parameters throughout its inventory of green space.
Haddon Lake Park (73.47 acres) is located in Haddon Heights, Audubon and Mount Ephraim. The park runs from Station Avenue to 10th Avenue and from Kings Highway to the Black Horse Pike.
Bodies of Water within the Park
- 1 Softball Field
- 2 Playground Areas
- 1 Picnic Area with additional tables at all playgrounds
- 1 Outdoor Amphitheater – The Norcross-McLaughlin Memorial Dell
- 1 Public Boat Launch – small car top only, no motors permitted
- Bike Paths – 1.72 miles from Station Ave. to Mt. Ephraim.
- Station Avenue to 13th Avenue- .73 miles
- 13th Avenue to Kings Highway – .40 miles
- Kings Highway to Playground – .6 miles (Audubon side)
- Playground to Kings Highway – .37 miles (Mt. Ephraim side)
- Loop around lake between Kings Highway and playground – 1 mile
- Cross Country Trail – 1.6 miles
- Fishing (pier located in Audubon section of the park)