In accordance with Governor Phil Murphy’s executive order, all county parks will reopen beginning on Saturday, May 2. At the same time, all state parks in New Jersey will reopen, including Wharton State Forest which stretches into the southeastern part of the county.
Pursuant to the governor’s order, playgrounds, pavilions, visitor centers, and restrooms and dog parks will remain closed. Picnics, organized activities, and team sports will remain prohibited. Parking will be limited to 50 percent capacity in order to ensure social distancing can be maintained. The county will be following these parameters throughout its inventory of green space.
Cooper River Park (346.55 acres) runs through Pennsauken, Cherry Hill, Collingswood and Haddon Township. The park is bounded by North and South Park Drives, Route 130 and Grove Street.
Bodies of Water within the Park
- William G. Rohrer Children’s Playground with pavilions
- 2 Softball Fields
- 1 Cross Country Course
- Camden County Boathouse
- Camden County Golf Academy
- The Cooper River Yacht Club
- 1 Bike Path – 3.8 mile loop (Cuthbert to Rt. 130)
- 1 Bike Path – 1.35 miles (Cuthbert to Grove Street)
- 1 Pooch Park
- 4 Volleyball Courts
- 1 Miniature Golf Course
- Jack Curtis Stadium
- 1 1/4 mile Cinder Track
- 4 Picnic Areas – (Wallenberg Gazebo, Armitage Pavilion, Hopkins House, and Subaru Gazebo)
- Indoor Restrooms at Stadium – open year round 10am – 10pm
- Memorial Groves
- Biofilter Wetland
- Sculpture Garden
- Louis F. Cappelli, Sr. Bocce Court
* The pavilions at the Rohrer Playground may not be reserved. Use is on a first come first served basis.
Cooper River Park is home to many prestigious rowing events. Ideal rowing conditions exist on the Cooper River which boasts a world-class, Olympic-distance, 2000 meter narrow and sheltered straightaway.
Cooper River Yacht Club
Location at 450 North Park Drive along the Cooper River, the Cooper River Yacht Club offers sailing lessons for adults, kids and teens. competitive racing and fun races, and community sailboat usage, kayaks / canoes, beautiful sunsets and sheltered non-total river. Visit www.cooperriveryc.org for call (856) 869-9145 for more information on events and membership.
New in Summer 2017 – Paddle Boat and Kayak Rentals
The Camden County Board of Freeholders is excited to offer paddle boat and kayak rentals along the Cooper River. Rentals are available from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays, and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Paddle boat rentals cost $20 for an hour on the river, and kayak rentals cost $30 per hour. Special rates are available during the week for those who wish to stay out on the river for longer. The concession stand is located at the corner of Cuthbert Blvd. and North Park Dr. in Cherry Hill.
Hours of Operation
- Thursday / Friday: 11 AM – 5 PM
- Saturday / Sunday: 10 AM – 5 PM
- $20 per hour for paddle boats rentals
$30 per hour for kayak rentals
Special rates are available during the week for those who wish to stay out on the river for longer.
- Cuthbert Blvd. and North Park Dr. in Cherry Hill.
For More information, contact Cowboymikescanoerental@gmail.com or (609) 332-5065