Licensing and Complaints


Licensed Child Care Centers:

The Department of Children and Families (DCF) Office of Licensing  (OOL) inspects every licensed child care center annually to enforce health, safety and educational program requirements. You can search for child care centers in your area and view their inspection reports by visiting the NJ State child care search page.

Registered Family Child Care Providers:

Registered family day care homes are monitored by Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs), which are community-based organizations contracted by the state in each county. The Department of Children’s Services is the CCR&R and the Sponsoring Organization for Family Child Care registration in Camden County. Please contact us at 856-401-6430 if you have any questions or concerns regarding a Family Child Care program in Camden County.

Summer Youth Camps:

All New Jersey summer youth camps must register annually with the Department of Health and Senior Service’s (NJDOH) Public Health Sanitation and Safety Program. Inspections of summer youth camps are conducted by both the NJDOH and local departments of health .


How to File a Complaint:

Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect:

All reports of child abuse and neglect, including those occurring in institutional settings such as child care centers, schools, foster homes and residential treatment centers, must be reported to the State Central Registry (SCR). This is a toll-free, 24-hour, seven-days-a-week hotline.

Child Abuse Hotline (State Central Registry)

1-877 NJ ABUSE  (1-877-652-2873) 

TTY 1-800-835-5510

Reporting Health and Safety Violations:

To report a health and safety violation about a Child Care Center or Family Child Care provider to the DCF Office of Licensing, you can file a complaint online by visiting  You can also contact our Resource and Referral Unit at Complaints may be made anonymously.

Please Note:

The Department of Children’s Services is available to provide technical assistance to parents who have questions about filing any complaint. Please feel free to contact us at or 856-374-6027.

For additional information about Licensing requirements, please click here.


For information on any of our services, please call 856-374-6376 or email Client Services: