Protect Your Circle
The Danger Is Invisible. Make sure you keep your friends and family safe by:
- Wear A Mask
- Avoid Groups
- Stay 6 Feet Apart and
- Get Tested
Help Us Spread the Word
Help us educate others about protecting their circle with these helpful graphics:
Social Media Assets and Downloads:
– Upload a Facebook Frame: Click the Camera Button next to your profile image on Facebook, choose “Update Profile Picture”, then choose “Add Frame” and search “Camden County – Protect Your Circle”
Learn more about testing for current and past infections of COVID-19 and use the Coronavirus Self-checker to help you make decisions on when to seek testing and appropriate medical care.
Daily Life and Going Out
What you need to know:
- In general, the more closely you interact with others and the longer that interaction, the higher the risk of COVID-19 spread.
- If you decide to engage in public activities, continue to protect yourself by practicing everyday preventive actions.
- Keep these items on hand when venturing out: a face mask, tissues, and a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, if possible.
- Should you go out? Learn what factors to consider before you head out and about specific tips for different places.
Symptoms of COVID-19
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness and some people can exhibit no symtoms at all. Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus and may include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Read more important details about COVID-19 symptoms here
Prevent Getting Sick
The good news is we know alot about how COVID-19 spreads and how to prevent getting sick in various situations. Get up-to-speed on the latest proactive prevention practices here.
Personal and Social Activities
What you need to know:
- Stay home if sick.
- Wear masks in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Use social distancing (stay at least 6 feet away from others).
- Before you go, call and ask what extra prevention strategies they are using, like requiring staff to wear masks.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you get home.
Limiting close face-to-face contact with others is the best way to reduce the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Social distancing, also called “physical distancing,” means keeping a safe space between yourself and other people who are not from your household. To practice social or physical distancing, stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people who are not from your household in both indoor and outdoor spaces.
Learn more about social distancing and gets tips for being out and about here.
How to Wear Masks
Masks are an additional step to help slow the spread of COVID-19 when combined with every day preventive actions and social distancing in public settings. Get all the dos and don’ts here.
For All Types of Transportation
From car rides to catching a bud or train, get all you need to know about traveling safely here.
Pets and Other Animals
A small number of pets have tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19. Currently, the risk of pets spreading it to people is low. Learn more about being safe being around animals here.
Updates and Resources
Stay up to date on Camden County’s resources and updates.
Camden County Board of Health
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
Division of Viral Diseases