Ramps and lanes to close between Exits 25 and 28
(Lindenwold, NJ) – Freeholder Susan Shin Angulo, liaison to the Camden County Department of Public Works, has been informed by the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) that it will close ramps and lanes of I-295 northbound overnight for repaving.
“Even though these closures will be in effect overnight, they could still cause additional traffic and unexpected backups during construction hours,” Shin Angulo said. “Motorists should be aware that normal traffic patterns may be altered while this detour is in place and plan ahead. As always, be extra cognizant of sudden stops and reduced speeds on the roadway when driving in or around the construction zone.”
Beginning at 9 p.m. tonight, Friday, June 28, until Saturday morning at 8 a.m., two right lanes of I-295 northbound will close just beyond Exit 25 until just past Exit 28. One lane will be maintained at all times. The closure will also be in effect overnight from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday and Tuesday nights, July 1 and 2.
In addition, I-295 northbound Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike and the Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound ramp to I-295 northbound will be closed for those three nights while paving is taking place.
The following detours will be in place:
I-295 northbound Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike detour
- Motorists traveling on I-295 northbound wishing to take Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike will be directed to continue on I-295 northbound
- Take Exit 32
- Stay left and turn left onto Haddonfield-Berlin Road
- Take the ramp to I-295 southbound
- Take Exit 28 – Route 168/Black Horse Pike
Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound ramp to I-295 northbound detour
- Motorists traveling on Route 168/Black Horse Pike southbound wishing to take the ramp to I-295 northbound be directed to take Route 168/Black Horse Pike northbound
- Turn left onto CR551/Kings Highway
- Turn right on Market Street
- Take the ramp to I-76 eastbound
- Stay to the left and take Exit 1A to I-295 southbound
- Take I-295 southbound to Exit 24B/CR551 Westville/Woodbury Heights
- Turn left at the end of the ramp onto Broadway
- Go under I-295 and turn left onto the ramp for I-295 northbound
The work is part of the $900 million Direct Connection project that will provide a seamless route for I-295 motorists traveling through the interchange of I-295, I-76, and Route 42. The Direct Connection project has been divided into four construction contracts, with completion expected in the fall of 2024. NJDOT’s project website provides construction activity schedules and updates.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.