(Gloucester Township, NJ) – Camden County Commissioner Melinda Kane joined officials from the Camden County Library System and Voorhees Township today to unveil renovations recently completed at the Vogelson Library Branch. The project marked the first substantial improvements to the branch in more than two decades.
“The Library is a vital resource for residents of all ages, offering not only plenty to read but critical services like reliable internet and computer access,” Kane said. “These improvements have modernized many of those services and expanded the facility’s capacity for activities, events, and other programming. With this project we have ensured that Vogelson remains a place to work, play, and congregate for many years to come.”
Renovations to the branch began in 2018 and continued into 2021. Among the improvements now completed at the branch:
- All new furniture, service desks and shelving throughout the building
- New children’s program room on the first floor equipped with storage, sink, and flexible space for a variety of programs and activities
- Expansion of the children’s area on the first floor
- More computers in the children’s room
- New teen area with expanded technology and charging stations
- New book retail style display area in the foyer
- Added power and data throughout the building to assist customers using mobile technology
- Added ten new touchscreen self-service kiosks throughout the building
- New paint throughout the interior of the building, walls and ceilings
- New carpeting and vinyl flooring throughout the interior of the building
- Painted the exterior of the building and added branding/graphic elements
- New window coverings on the front windows of the building
- All the bathrooms have been completely renovated
- Upgraded the inside of the elevator car
- Repaved the parking lot
- Upgraded the HVAC system
On April 12, most branches of the Camden County Library System resumed in-person services on a limited basis. Information regarding the resumption of library systems will be posted to the System’s website as it becomes available.
Established in 1921, Camden County Library System seeks to meet the recreational, informational and educational needs of its customers with locations in Camden, Bellmawr, Gloucester Township, Haddon Township, Merchantville, Winslow Township and Voorhees Township. The Library is governed and supported by the Camden County Board of Freeholders and the Camden County Library Commission. For more information about the Camden County Library System, visit us online at http://www.camdencountylibrary.org/ or by calling (856) 772-1636.