(Blackwood, NJ) – To ensure that residents have access to necessary medical care, the Camden County Department of Health and Human Services will be offering free adult health screenings at two locations next week and will also be traveling across the county to administer COVID-19 vaccines.
“If you aren’t able to make it to a doctor’s office to check up on your health, consider coming to next week’s event,” said Commissioner Virginia Betteridge, liaison to the Department of Health and Human Services. “Additionally, we are going to continue our vaccine pop up clinics to ensure everyone is up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines. Please look at the schedule and consider stopping by one of our locations.”
The adult health screenings are scheduled for Tuesday, March 28 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Riverfront Supermarket at 30 Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard in Camden.
The adult health screenings include:
- Blood pressure screenings
- Cancer risk assessment
- Nutrition counseling
- Cholesterol screenings (total cholesterol only)
- Diabetes screening (Fast for 12 hours, eat a hearty meal before you start the fast and take nothing by mouth from then except water or medication until after the test.)
For any questions, please contact Bonnie Arrojo at (856)-739-6544 or Margie Camacho (856)-374-5127.
Vaccination sites for the week of March 27 are as follows:
- Branches at Centerville, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 1700 South 9th Street, Camden NJ
- Walter Rand Transportation Center, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., 575 Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard, Camden NJ
- Roosevelt Plaza, 12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., North 5th Street, Camden NJ
- Haddon Township Library, 12:30 pm. To 2:30, 15th MacArthur Boulevard, Collingswood NJ
- Kennedy Towers, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., 2021 Watson Street, Collingswood NJ
- Mighty Writers, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 1801 Broadway, Camden NJ
Walk-Ins are welcome at all locations, but if you would like to send information to make an appointment, please send your name and date of birth to either of the following emails:
In addition to these locations, the Camden County Health Hub continues to provide vaccines from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesdays and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. You can make an appointment at the Camden County Health Hub by visiting www.CamdenCountyVaccine.com.