(Blackwood, NJ) – To ensure that residents have access to necessary medical care, the Camden County Department of Health and Human Services will be offering free adult health screenings at two locations next week and will also be traveling across the county to administer COVID-19 vaccines.
“These screenings are quick, free and easily accessible for those who aren’t able to make it to a doctor’s office,” said Commissioner Virginia Betteridge, liaison to the Department of Health and Human Services. “Additionally, we are going to continue our vaccine pop up clinics to ensure everyone is up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines. Please look at the schedule and consider stopping by one of our locations this week.”
The adult health screenings are scheduled for Tuesday, March 14 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the South Camden Food Market at 700 Pine Street in Camden and from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Litwin Market at 800 Elm Street in Camden.
The adult health screenings include:
- Blood pressure screenings
- Cancer risk assessment
- Nutrition counseling
- Cholesterol screenings (total cholesterol only)
- Diabetes screening (Fast for 12 hours, eat a hearty meal before you start the fast and take nothing by mouth from then except water or medication until after the test.)
For any questions, please contact Bonnie Arrojo at (856)-739-6544 or Margie Camacho (856)-374-5127.
Vaccination sites for the week of March 12 are as follows:
- Veteran suicide awareness resources fair, Camden County College 200 College Drive Blackwood NJ, 08021, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wendy’s Supermarket, 3325 Westfield Avenue, Camden NJ, 08105, 10 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Luz Groceries, 3920 Westfield Avenue, Pennsauken NJ, 08110, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Voorhees Town Center, 2140 Town Voorhees Town Center, Voorhees Township NJ, 08043, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Walk-Ins are welcome at all locations, but if you would like to send information to make an appointment, please send your name and date of birth to either of the following emails:
In addition to these locations, the Camden County Health Hub continues to provide vaccines from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesdays and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. You can make an appointment at the Camden County Health Hub by visiting www.CamdenCountyVaccine.com.