(Blackwood, NJ) – To ensure that residents have access to necessary medical care, the Camden County Department of Health and Human Services will be offering free adult health screenings at two locations next week and will also be traveling across the county to administer COVID-19 vaccines.
“Our Health Department is determined to bring top quality healthcare to our residents who may not be able to get to a doctor’s office for routine visits. These screenings are quick, free and easily accessible,” said Commissioner Virginia Betteridge, liaison to the Department of Health and Human Services. “Additionally, we are going to continue our vaccine pop up clinics to ensure everyone is up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines, something that is crucial to your health and wellbeing. Please look at the schedule and consider stopping by one of our locations this week.”
The adult health screenings are scheduled for Tuesday, March 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Greatown Deli & Grocery at 1200 Morton Street in Camden and from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Junior Supermarket 2926 Federal Street in Camden.
The adult health screenings include:
- Blood pressure screenings
- Cancer risk assessment
- Nutrition counseling
- Cholesterol screenings (total cholesterol only)
- Diabetes screening (Fast for 12 hours, eat a hearty meal before you start the fast and take nothing by mouth from then except water or medication until after the test.)
For any questions, please contact Bonnie Arrojo at (856)-739-6544 or Margie Camacho (856)-374-5127.
Vaccination sites for the week of March 6 are as follows:
- Great town Deli, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- MLK and Broadway Train Station, Camden NJ, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Action Pak, 1600 River Ave, Camden NJ, 08105, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Ablett Village, State Street and River Road, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Branches, 1700 S 9th Street Camden, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday 3/10/23
- Deterdings Supermarket, 506 East Gibbsboro Rd, Lindenwold NJ 08021, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Walk-Ins are welcome at all locations, but if you would like to send information to make an appointment, please send your name and date of birth to either of the following emails:
In addition to these locations, the Camden County Health Hub continues to provide vaccines from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesdays and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. You can make an appointment at the Camden County Health Hub by visiting www.CamdenCountyVaccine.com.