- This event has passed.
Join the Camden County Board of Freeholders on Sunday, September 23rd from 1 PM to 4 PM at Wiggins Waterfront Park for The Concert Across America to End Gun Violence to honor those affected by gun violence. The event will feature a concert, speakers, and family fun.
- Former NJ Governor James J. Florio – First in nation to enact a state-wide ban on assault weapons
- Freeholder Director Louis Cappelli, Jr – Championing the cause for the residents of Camden County
- Regina Thompson – Jenkins 2018 Everytown Survivor Fellowship Class
- Sharon Kelly – Leader for NJ Chapter “Mothers in Charge”.
- Ava Madarieta – Collingswood High School Students Demand Action
- Shannon Freedman – Burlington County Students Demand Action
- Shani Nuckols – Local Lead for Camden County Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
- Madeleine Armstrong – Cherry Hill High School East
- Evie Jensen – Haddonfield Memorial High School poem
- Giona Hance – Urban Promise Academy who will speak
- Camden Pop Rock– Established in 2015 as part of the famous Camden 3rd Thursday Art Crawl, CamdenpopRock has become a fixture of Camden Culture, drawing Camden County residents from far and wide who wish to experience the wondrously eclectic fusion of modern, classical and international music and performance art. http://www.camdenpoprock.com/
- TJP (The Jost Project)– TJP will present a PEACE AND LOVE Concert, presenting music from their new CD of the same name with such songs as “America” by Simon & Garfunkel, “Put a Little Love in Your Heart”, “Get Together”, “America the Beautiful” and many others. Their CD “Can’t Find My Way Home” (Dot Time Records) is played regularly on Sirius XM radio and has audiences raving about their unexpected interpretations of this music. They are reaching into the “baby boomer” and subsequent generations who came of age with rock and roll, the Beatles, hard rock, and other genres which are rarely played by jazz groups. For more information, visit http://www.thejostproject.com/
- Matt Butler– Matt Butler first gained notoriety as the lead singer of the New York based band Reckless Sons, who released two EPs, the latter with legendary record producer David Kahne (Lana Del Ray, The Strokes, Sublime, Paul McCartney). The turning point in Butler’s career came, however, when he confronted his lifelong struggle with alcoholism and substance abuse. After getting sober, Butler recorded his debut solo album Reckless Son, a poignant confession of his battle with addiction and his inspiring path to recovery. Right from the start, Butler was able to pull together a community around his message and crowd fund the entire project through a successful Pledge Music Campaign. Butler wrote and performed ‘Just One’, the original song for the feature length and nationally distributed documentary Generation Found. The film portrays the devastating effect the current drug and opiate epidemic has had on adolescents in and around Houston, TX, and the unprecedented way in which the community has rallied to support them. http://mattbutlerofficial.com/
2 Riverside Drive, Camden, NJ, 08103, United States
- Sunday, Sep 23rd, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Add to Calendar 2018-09-23 2018-09-23 America/New_York The Concert Across America to End Gun Violence
Join the Camden County Board of Freeholders on Sunday, September 23rd from 1 PM to 4 PM at Wiggins Waterfront Park for The Concert Across America to End Gun Violence to honor those affected by gun violence. The event will feature a concert, speakers, and family fun. Click here to download free event parking pass for Waterfront Parking Garage at 10 Delaware Ave, Camden. Speakers include: Former NJ Governor James J. Florio – First in nation to enact a state-wide…2 Riverside Drive, Camden, NJ, 08103, United States public