(Lindenwold, NJ) – Starting Tuesday, Feb. 21, there will be road restrictions and detours in place around the intersection of N. 7th and Linden streets due to emergency sewer repair. The original construction schedule was changed due to inclement weather and the intersection will be open on Friday, Feb. 17.
“Please plan ahead, try to avoid the intersection and give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination.” said Commissioner Al Dyer, liaison to the Department of Public Works. “The city has informed us they hope to get the work done as quickly as possible to minimize disruptions to motorists.”
Suggested alternate routes include:
From US 30 (Admiral Wilson Blvd) Westbound:
- Linden Street to (left on) 10th Street to Market Street (police will be directing traffic here)
- 17th Street to (left on) Federal Street to downtown
- MLK Blvd/Campbell’s Place exit
From downtown Camden to Ben Franklin Bridge Westbound:
- *Federal Street to (right on) Flanders Ave, (right onto Rt 30 WB ramp)
- Take Cooper Street to the 10th Street exit – follow detour signs
- MLK Blvd. to 11th Street/Flanders Ave., (left onto) Rt 30 WB ramp
From 676 North:
- *Exit 4 (Atlantic Ave/Kaighns Ave) – Atlantic Ave to Broadway
- Exit 5A (MLK Blvd/Campbell’s Place)
The Camden County Department of Public Works is responsible for maintaining over 1,200 miles of county roadway and 50 bridges. They are dedicated to making our area safer for motorists and pedestrians through county highway construction projects and road maintenance, including pothole repairs, street sweeping, grass cutting and storm drainage upkeep. The Public Works Department is located in Lindenwold where personnel are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to serve the residents of Camden County.
To report concerns on Camden County roadways, call (856) 566-2980 or visit www.camdencounty.com.