(Gloucester Township, NJ) – Thousands of new vaccination appointments have been made available at the Camden County Vaccination Center this week thanks to a significant new delivery of Moderna and Johnson and Johnson vaccine doses. The vaccination site is operated by the county in partnership with Cooper University Health Care and Jefferson Health-New Jersey and has provided more than 70,500 vaccines to date.
To accommodate the increased availability of vaccination appointments, the Vaccination Center will be expanding its hours this week to twelve hours a day to compensate for the flood of new appointments. The new hours begin tomorrow and stretch into Saturday.
“This is an incredible opportunity to increase the rate of vaccinations in our community at the same time that spread of this disease appears to be picking up,” said County Commissioner Director Louis Cappelli, Jr. “These vaccines are our best weapon in the fight against COVID-19. The faster that we are able to get these shots into the arms of our residents, the faster we can put this pandemic behind us. If you are eligible to be vaccinated, please do not delay and get your shot as soon as possible. All approved vaccines are safe and effective.”
The Camden County Vaccination Clinic is currently open to those with appointments only. Appointments are available for eligible residents at camdencountyvaccine.com or by calling (856) 549-0530.
Vaccine eligibility is determined by the Governor. Those currently eligible for vaccination include:
- Individuals age 55+
- Individuals age 16-54 with certain medical conditions
- Individuals age 16-54 with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings
- Communications, IT, and media workers
- Educators and staff, including pre-K to 12 and higher education
- Eldercare and support workers
- Elections personnel
- First responders
- Healthcare workers
- Hospitality workers
- Individuals experiencing homelessness and those living in shelters
- Judicial system workers
- Laundry services workers
- Librarians and library support staff
- Long-term care and high-risk congregate care facility residents and staff
- Medical supply chain employees
- Members of tribal communities
- Migrant farm workers
- Postal and shipping service workers
- Public safety workers
- Real estate, building, and home services workers
- Retail financial institution workers
- Sanitation workers
- Social service workers and support staff
- Transportation workers
- Utilities workers
- Warehousing and logistics workers
Additionally, Governor Murphy announced today that beginning Monday, April 19, all New Jersey residents 16 years of age and over will be eligible for vaccination.
If you are having difficulty scheduling your appointment online or you need to reschedule your second appointment, contact us by email at COVID19VaxCenter@camdencounty.com. If you have any questions, reach out to the COVID-19 Vaccination Center Hotline at (856) 549-0530.