Economic and Workforce Development
Camden County offers a wide-range of services for economic and workforce development. Click here for more information.
The Camden County Improvement Authority (CCIA) offers special financing programs to municipalities, schools, healthcare institutions, fire districts, and other non-profit organizations within Camden County. Our team of financing professionals can assist your organization in evaluating your financing needs and putting together the most cost effective package in order to make your project/s successful.
- Below market-rate financing utilizing tax-exempt and taxable long and short term financing options.
- Refinancing of existing debt
- Lease purchase financing
- Capital improvement financing
Building or renovating your facility can be a complex endeavor for any size business. The CCIA will assist you through every stage… from planning to final completion. The CCIA offers a complete range of construction management and owners representative services, including competitive pricing and:
- Review of municipal zoning, master plan, redevelopment and plan elements’ for compliance with county and state agencies
- Construction plan and specifications review ensuring compliance with your budget and schedule
- Representation at planning and zoning board hearing(s)
- Assistance in administering the public bidding process, including recommendations for preparing and awarding contracts
- Construction project meetings to monitor completed work and work in progress for adherence to plans, specifications, schedule and budget
- Negotiating with contractor, recommending changes where needed, and instructing contractor to rectify inconsistencies
- Verifying and recommending payment requests, record keeping and reporting of construction progress
- Overseeing project close out, securing all guarantees, warranties, instruction manuals, maintenance schedules and drawings as prepared by the contractor
The Improvement Authority has unique abilities prescribed by state statute to offer various services as they relate to the planning, finance development, community outreach and construction management of affordable housing projects. Specific services include, but are not limited to:
- Site Selection
- Grant Writing
- Acquisition Facilitation
- Budget and Cash Flow Creation
- Assistance related to the Formation of Development Partnerships
- Outreach at All Levels (Local/County/State/Federal)
- Procurement Assistance
- Construction Management
Alternative Energy Solutions
Camden County’s Renewable Energy Program is a program designed to reduce energy cost, create jobs, protect the environment, and provide on-site renewable electric generation and predictability of future electric cost for the County and other related agencies. This program will install approximately 7 Megawatts of Photo-Voltaic panels throughout the County on rooftops, ground mounts and canopies over parking stalls at county facilities.
Other benefits include:
- On-site generation of electricity which is a form of distributed generation reduces the County’s reliance on the existing regional energy grid and allows the electricity to be used at the point of generation therefore avoiding “line loss” during transmission and reduce the need to purchase electricity from a Third Party Supplier.
- The County’s “carbon footprint” associated with the use of electricity will be reduced by 1,103,463 pounds in the first year alone.
- Reduces the County’s peak electrical demand thus helps reduce overall demand charge and helps prevent brownouts and power loss by reducing strain and increases reliability on the ACE and PSE&G regional grid and sections of PJM especially under high demand conditions, like very hot summer afternoons.
- Increases the predictability of the County’s energy costs, enabling greater budget control.
- Renewable generation of electricity protects the environment by reducing the discharge of precursors to acid rain, particulate matter and airborne toxic material.
- Canopies over parking stalls are an unusual and highly visible configuration providing immediate benefit to people who park in these spaces by providing protection from the elements year round. Parking in the shade keeps cars approximately 15 degrees cooler in the summer months, and the covering protects cars from winter ice and snow.
Energy Saving Improvement Program – The Authority will assist municipalities and school districts with creating Energy Savings Improvements Plans (ESIP) to take advantage of state and federal funding. The Authority will also manage the ESIP projects and help local entities start seeing the benefits of energy savings.