The Commission was established in January, 1993 by a resolution of the Camden County Board of Chosen Freeholders and is composed of volunteers appointed by the Freeholder Board.
The Commission advocates harmonious relations among all individuals and groups of every race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ability and sexual orientation.
What We Offer
- Monthly meetings open to the public throughout Camden County
- Assistance to communities in setting up their own Human Relations Commissions
- Interactive workshops for schools and entities to increase awareness and sensitivity to the effects of prejudice and bias
- Coordination of support and conflict resolution services for communities dealing with the impact of prejudice
- Study circles discussion groups for communities
- Annual awards banquet to honor members of the community who have made significant contributions to human relations in Camden County