Telemarketing Fraud: The Do's and Don'ts
- Do: Ask telemarketers for the name and address of their company and a clear explanation of what they are offering.
- Do: Ask the caller to send you written materials to study.
- Do: Ask the companies refund policy.
- Do: Call the better business bureau.
- Do: Talk to family, friends, lawyers, & accountants.
- Do: Report suspicious telemarketing calls to the National Fraud Information Center at: 1-800-876-7060.
- DO NOT: Pay for any prize or send any money to improve your chances of winning.
- DO NOT: Give any caller your bank account number or credit card number.
- DO NOT: Wire or send money overnight unless you initiated the call.