Cooper River Park Vision Plan
Below are the suggestions from the public meeting hosted by Freeholder Jeffrey Nash at the Cooper River Boathouse. The meeting took place on April 11 and was well attended. If you missed the meeting and have a suggestion about improving Cooper River Park please email us at: email@example.com or comment on our Facebook page. If you would like to pick up the phone and talk to someone about the plan you can call (856) 225-5466.
Cooper River Park Vision Plan Comments
- Ideas: Rowing, Track for Rutgers Camden…they do not have one yet, more benches especially facing the river, cut the brush in balance with environmental concerns, trash receptacles, improved parking, improved lobster trap outdoor area, roofed areas, permanent grandstand, permanent restrooms facilities, architecturally interesting covered bridge
- West side of rt 130. Make improvements and better connect to the rest of cooper river park. Better accessible to nearby residents.
- Concerns about maintenance and garbage...management of invasive plant species
- Wish List: concerns for accessibility from playground to river, challenge grove as an example, more benches and shade in the playground
- Zone 6 masterplan – no building
- Geese issues
- Traffic issues crossing from apartments to jack Curtis stadium…safety
- Transforming a very natural park? What are the implications?
- Rt 130 implications…accessibility during construction
- Playground rubberized material…air quality, park maintenance…increased employees?
- Riparian buffer concerns that once established nearby residents will want it taken away
- Signage at playground
- Flood and evacuation issues
- Kayaking on other side of Cuthbert road, important details necessary for traffic issues
- Ice skating
- Platform for ongoing dialogue for park improvements.
- Connection to regional trail network, water trail – new portage?
- Transportation connection…Cooper River Park acting as a hub
- Equity program for park improvements (east vs west 130 improvements)
- Connections to additional trail systems
- Attention to Pyne Poynt park
Courier Post - March 28, 2012
KYW News Radio – April 1, 2012
Philadelphia Inquirer – April 9, 2012
WHYY Newsworks – April 10, 2012
Courier-Post – April 11, 2012