WIC, A Government Supplemental Food Program, is for:
- Women: Pregnancy through postpartum (up to 6 months after delivery), Breastfeeding (up to baby's first birthday)
- Infants: Birth to 1 year
- Children: 1 year to 5th birthday
WIC Program Income Eligibility Standards
As based on DHHS Income Poverty Guidelines Effective July 1, 2011
Participation in the WIC Program is limited to those persons whose gross income (i.e., income before deductions for income taxes, Social Security taxes, insurance premiums, bonds, etc.) is equal to or less than the income poverty guidelines increased by 185%. No allowance is made for the use of a standard deduction or hardship when calculating a family’s income.
|WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines
(Effective from July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012)
|1||$20,147||$1,679||$840||$ 775||$ 388|
|Each Add'l Member Add||+$7,067||+$589||+$295||+$272||+$136|
In applying the income poverty guidelines, consider the income of the family during the past twelve months and the family’s current income to determine which is a better indicator of income.
- Nutrition Counseling
- Referrals to FREE healthcare and other helpful services such as:
- Free Well Baby Clinics
- Free Immunizations
- Food Stamps
- Health Insurance/Medicaid
- Breastfeeding Consultants
- Early Intervention Programs
Call the WIC location nearest you for information or an appointment:
- 2600 Mt. Ephraim Avenue, Camden (856) 225-5050
- Mt. Ephraim site only: Extended hours Wednesdays for working parents.
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm (Wednesday open until 6:30pm)
- 1111 S. Black Horse Pike, Blackwood, NJ 08012 – 856-302-1405
- Hours: Tuesday to Friday – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 302 White Horse Pike, Town Square, Unit B8, Atco, NJ 08004 – 856-809-2111
- Hours: Monday 8:30am - 4:30pm and every other Wednesday
NJ State WIC Website: http://www.state.nj.us/health/fhs/wic/index.shtml