(Cherry Hill, NJ) – The Camden County Freeholder Board is proud to present the 2017 Summer Park Events. This year’s lineup of free outdoor concerts includes the 26th Anniversary Season of the iconic Sunset Jazz series at Wiggins Waterfront Park with the world-famous el Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, contemporary blues artist Shemekia Copeland, master of the B-3 organ Joey DeFrancesco and more.
“We expect over 150,000 visitors to the Camden Waterfront this summer for events ranging from great entertainment like the Fourth of July Fireworks and Sunset Jazz Series,” said Freeholder Ed McDonnell, liaison to the Camden County Division of Special Events. “Bring a lawn chair or a blanket and join us for these great free concerts.”
Celebrate Independence Day this year at the Camden County Freedom Festival at Wiggins Waterfront Park featuring WAR plus special guests Cherry Poppin’ Daddies followed by fireworks over the Delaware. WAR traces its roots to San Francisco in 1969 with chart toppers including “Spill the Wine”, “Why Can’t We Be Friends?” and “Low Rider”. The Daddies unique blend of swing, ska and jazz has propelled this band for more than 25 years and gave us the modern swing hit “Zoot Suit Riot”. They take at stage at 6:30 p.m., followed by WAR at 8 p.m. before a fireworks spectacular at 9:30 p.m.
“All of this entertainment and more can be found in the 2017 Camden County Park Events Guide that will begin arriving in mailboxes later this month,” McDonnell said. “In the guide you will find all the information your family need to plan a great summer with entertainment that’s hard to beat. In addition to concerts, there are festivals, sporting events, programs for individuals with disabilities and much more.”
Headlining this year’s Classic Car Show and Concert in Lindenwold Park is the legendary Blue Notes, the group that helped create the Sound of Philadelphia with their hits “Bad Luck”, “If you don’t know me by Now”, “The Love I Lost” and many more.
“Be sure to join us at our newest concert series at New Brooklyn Park in Winslow Township.” McDonnell said. “This is a great new venue where we will host several entertaining concerts that will appeal to every member of your family.”
Sunset Jazz Series at Wiggins Waterfront Park
At the foot of MLK Boulevard, Camden City
All concerts start at 8 p.m.
- June 12 Shemekia Copeland
- June 19 el Gran Combo de Puerto Rico
- July 4 WAR plus special guest Cherry Poppin’ Daddies
- July 10 Joey DeFrancesco
- July 24 Alicia Olatuja
- August 7 Maceo Parker
- August 21 The Bill Frisell Trio featuring Tony Scherr and Kenny Wollesen
Twilight Concert Series at Cooper River Park
Between Route 130 and Cuthbert Boulevard on North Park Drive
All concerts start at 8 p.m.
- June 15 Gary Puckett and the Union Gap
- June 29 Symphony in C
- July 13 Quaker City String Band
- July 27 Audra McLaughlin – runner up on the Voice
- August 10 Pro Line Jazz featuring Larry McKenna
- August 24 The Fabulous Greaseband
Sundown Music Series at Haddon Lake Park
13th Avenue, Park Drive and Prospect Boulevard, Haddon Heights
All concerts start at 7:30 p.m.
- June 7 The Billy Hector Band plus special guest Annie Minogue
- June 21 Alejandro Escovedo plus special guest Kendal Conrad
- July 5 Amy Helm and the Handsome Strangers plus special guest Skip Denenberg
- July 19 OWEL plus special guest Michael Braunfeld
- August 2 Chuck Prophet plus special guest the Bones of J.R. Jones
- August 16 Phoebe Hunt and the Gatherers plus special guest Marc Silver
Winslow Summer Music Series at New Brooklyn Park
Erial-New Brooklyn Road, Sicklerville
All concerts begin at 7 p.m.
- June 22 Caribbean Sunrise Steel Band
- July 22 “One Soul” tribute to the Temptations and the Four Tops
- August 17 City Rhythm Orchestra presents Sinatra, swing and more.
1000 United States Avenue, Lindenwold
- August 4 The Blue Notes – 8 p.m.