The Camden County Board of Freeholders held its monthly Freeholder Meeting on Thursday, May 18 at the Berlin Township Municipal Building. At this meeting, a number of Awards were presented including:
- Community Awards: Samuel D. Sykes. Presented by Freeholder Moen.
- Young Community Leader: Shane D. Jackson. Presented by Freeholder Young
- Sustainability Award: Diggerland USA. Presented by Freeholder Young
In addition to these awards, two proclamations were given including:
- Mayor of the Year and L.E.A.D Awards Recipient, accepting: Mayor Phyllis Magazzu. Presented by Freeholder Young
- Andrew Pierson, Director on Instruction at the Camden County Golf Academy. Presented by Freeholder Director Cappelli.
- Rutgers-Camden Honors College Student, accepting: Fitzroy Campbell. Presented by Freeholder Director Cappelli.
- National Gun Violence Awareness Day, accepting: Shirley Conroy, SJ Volunteer Coordinator for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. Presented by Freeholder Director Cappelli.
- Grand Champions of the Cook-off Challenge, Camden County Technical School, Gloucester Township Culinary Arts Program, accepting: Greg Cappello, Teri Nolan and Pat Fitzgerald. Presented by Freeholder Director Cappelli.
The next Freeholder Meeting is scheduled for June 15, 2017 at the Cherry Hill Community Center, 820 Mercer Street, Cherry Hill, NJ. All Camden County Residents are invited. Click here for more information.